Nutrient Dense Bison, Rice, and Easily Digestible Veggies
While it's easy to get used to eating the same types of meat, it can do wonders to switch things up and add in alternative sources - like bison, elk and venison.
For an easy weekend or weekday dinner (with planned leftovers, if you are needing to maximize time) simple ground bison with spices, rice and some well-cooked veggies is a great option.
This is a great recipe for those of you who love to keep it simple.You don't have to be an incredible cook with tons of time on your hand to nourish yourself, and if you cook for your family - your family.
Here's how to make this simple meal.
What You'll Need:
- 16 oz. bison (if you can find Force of Nature bison with heart and liver, that's a huge bonus!)
- 3/4 tsp. sea flake salt, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. parsley, 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups organic sprouted wild rice (any brand)
- 1 cup organic baby tomatoes, 2 cups organic spinach, 1 cup shredded carrots
- grass-fed butter (1 tsp. per serving)
How to Make it:
Cook bison in skillet in pan with spices, add in veggies when it's almost finished and cover lid
While bison is booking, cook 2 cups of rice according to package instructions
Add any additional spices and butter to rice, serve with bison (I suggest 1 cup cooked rice with 2/3 cups bison for the average person)