March 5th Q&A Coaching
1.I am perimenopausal and was (until recently) using bio identical hormone replacement therapy prescribed by a doctor which was a cream that included estrogen, testosterone, progesterone and DHEA. After doing some research of my own (reading Ray Peats opinion) and also looking into the approach of the “pro metabolic “ world regarding estrogen supplementation, I have now weaned myself off of all of this, except for a low dosage of oral progesterone. That was about 4 weeks ago. I have also been following the prometabolic way of eating as well since December. And I also strength train, walk and do cardio a few times a week. So I feel like I’m doing all the right things. But since I weaned myself off of these other bio identicals I feel like I am constantly bloated, puffy and that the weight is just piling on. I am trying to remain positive and look ahead to the long term , but it is pretty discouraging. Is there any advice or encouragement that you can offer? I am so sick of hearing that weight gain (especially abdominal weight gain) is just part of getting older!!!
2. I hear a lot online about temperature and pulses for thyroid and just good health in general. Have been tracking for a while and slowly seeing increases in body temp but still not in what is considered the ideal range. How important are these numbers and is there more then just temps and pulses when it comes to overall health/is it something to worry about?
3. What are your thoughts on the medical medium? I'm assuming not a fan. I first looked into his theory about healing thyroid when I thought I might of had a thyroid issue and he mentioned all thyroid issues are related to underlying pathogens and the main contributor is the Epstein-Barr virus which lays dormant in the liver then causing the thyroid issues. In his healing protocol he recommends removing "pathogen-feeding" foods like eggs, butter, dairy, gluten.. which is the complete opposite of what I've been learning and implementing. I'm curious your thoughts!
4. What are your thoughts on the Copper IUD? I’m hearing so many mixed things :(
5. I love worthy womanhood so much! My question is, I have seasonal allergies, every spring/summer without fail, I get the sneezing, itchy eyes, etc. I've recently heard that gut health can be a factor in this. What would you recommend doing to support gut health to help with seasonal allergies? Thanks so much.
6. Hi! I just got some test results back. My thyroid levels are well 👏🏼 but, my vitamin d and ferritin levels are extremely low. i’m working with a functional practitioner but i’m curious, if you got these test results back what would you do??
7. Hi Kourtney! I’d really like to try gua sha to see if it helps my face. Could you recommend the best way to get started?
8. I suffer from scanty periods, I literally only get spotting most months and occasionally get a short 2 or 3 day regular period. What supplements/ foods will help me get a regular period?