Creamy Kale Salmon with coconut sweet potatoes
You will need: 1 organic sweet potato, 2 cups kale, 2 tsp raw honey, 1 ¾ tsp chili powder, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1 cup canned coconut milk, 2 tsp coconut oil, 12 oz wild caught salmon (6 oz, 6 oz portions)
1. Thinly slice sweet potato into 1/4-inch rounds. Coarsely chop kale leaves, removing the tough center stems.
2. In a small bowl, combine honey, 1 tsp chili powder, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
3. Place a skillet over medium heat and pour in coconut milk. Add sweet potato, kale and remaining 1 tsp chili powder, plus salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer until sweet potato is soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Melt coconut oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Place salmon in the skillet (skin-side up if skin is on) and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip salmon using a spatula and brush with honey mixture. Cook 3 minutes more.
5. Serve salmon on top of kale and sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.