Balsamic Batch Meal Chicken with Kale & Rice
3 tbsp olive oil, 8 oz pancetta, 2 ½ cups pearl onions frozen, 2 ½ tbsp minced garlic, 8 organic chicken thighs, ½ cup balsamic vinegar, 2 cups chicken broth, ½ cup golden raisins, 2 bay leaves, 2 cups brown rice (dry), 12 cups kale
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Dice pancetta into 1/4-inch pieces. Add to the pot and cook 8 minutes, until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
2. Add pearl onions to the rendered fat in the pan. Cook 8 minutes, until thawed and beginning to brown. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Transfer both to the plate with the pancetta.
3. Season chicken thigh with salt and pepper; add to the remaining fat in the pot. Cook, turning to brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the pancetta.
4. Drain the remaining fat from the pan and return to medium heat. Add balsamic, stirring to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add chicken broth, golden raisins, bay leaf and everything from the reserved bowl. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook 30 minutes, until chicken is tender. 5. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package instructions.
6. When chicken is nearly done, remove the tough center ribs and stems from kale; tear leaves into large pieces. Uncover pot and remove bay leaf; stir kale into the chicken and cover. Let cook 5 minutes more
7. Serve over rice